Check the Museum map
Do you want to know more about the Museum and enjoy our spaces? Do not hesitate and query the Museum map that we provide you, so you do not miss anything!
Did you know that the Museum is a living space that offers services for all audiences?
- Children's playground: where the little ones will enjoy games and entertainment.
- Shopping: where you can find books, collector's items and authentic jewels that will transport you to the beginning of the railway history.
- Audio-visual room: Where you get to enjoy unpublished films and recordings to know more about the entire world of trains.
- Exhibitions: stroll through the museum rooms and discover all our collection pieces.
- Exterior spaces: without doubt, the original locomotive roundabout will leave you speechless! Grasp the history of the first passenger cars, the exhibition of locomotives Talgo, closely inspect the Mataró locomotive and view all our vehicles. This museum should definitely be visited!
Download the Museum's schedule and do not forget to visit any corner of our 13,500m² of installations. The provided maps are in five languages:
And now, we will mention the most important 10 places that you have to visit in our Museum
- 1. Interlocking table from "Estació de França": that regulated the rail traffic.
- 2. Vall de Núria Park and picnic area: a family space with games, a gift from the FGC and pinion railway, and a picnic and rest area
- 3. "Espai Gumà" and water tanks: our water deposit, which now is presented as an exhibition.
- 4. The Roundhouse, swing bridge and locomotive collection: with tracks and a rotating bridge that allows the movement of the locomotives.
- 5. Centennial train: the Mataró locomotive, of 1948.
- 6. American Harlan car and wooden bogie: an authentic jewel of a passenger’s car.
- 7. "Espai Mercaderies" (Freight area): today, it serves as a small room for audiovisual projections.
- 8. "Espai Talgo" and rolling stock collection: enjoy the most important collection of Talgo vehicles.
- 9. "Àrea d'Infraestructura" (Railway infraestructure): discover the widths of the way and train signage.
- 10. Pathway alongside the rail, level crossing and train stop: a pathway running alongside the rail built in 2017
Interested in visiting us? Do not hesitate to come to the Museum of Vilanova & Geltru to understand the real history behind the railway, we will be waiting for you!